Monday, September 14, 2009

Thing # 6

I looked at http://bighugelabs.com/ and I love a bunch of stuff! I used Map Maker to show where I have visited in the United States . This tool could be used in a History class to show where in the world they have studied about or where battles/wars have occurred. This could also be used in an English Literature course to show where a character has been. I also just recently discovered the Mosaic tool, which is my new favorite tool. I have rewound and done mosaics of each of my girls' birthday and just did their first day of school. I can see how students and teachers could get super creative with the Magazine Cover, Movie Posters, and Captioner. What fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using the mappr in English class to show where a character has been - especially in a long novel where there may be many settings. I wish I'd thought of that - I can see a great project coming from that along with historical information about each place that helps understand the character or situation better. I wish I were still teaching my 10th grade class right now because I know exactly what I'd use this for.
    Thanks for the ideas. -
    JW

    ReplyDelete