Monday, October 12, 2009
Thing #12
I have to admit I do read many blogs on different topics, but I rarely comment. When I have commented, I will usually ask a question, but rarely receive a response or I comment to registar for a giveaway or contest. In "10 techniques to Get More Comments on your Blog", it stated that 1 out of 100 readers comment. I think two great ways to encourage more comments is to 1. pose a question and 2. respond to comments posted. When a blogger asks the readers a question and/or responds to comments, it makes the blog more of a conversation. It also helps the reader to feel "important" and fosters an internet relationship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think your comment about "more of a conversation" are right on target.
ReplyDeleteI like what you said about making a blog more like a conversation. I am new to blogs and blogging, and I believe thinking in terms of a conversation takes away some of the intimidation of blogging.
ReplyDelete